- AKA Vallota speciosa, Cyrtanthus purpureus
- Open, trumpet-shaped flowers of scarlet-red, rise 30 cm above the foliage
- Produces up to nine blooms per stem
- Deciduous perennial with green, strap-like leaves, up to 30 cm long
- Not hardy to Zone 5, and should be grown as a houseplant or dug up before the winter
- Bloom Time: Late summer
George Lily, Fire Lily Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a fertile, humus rich, well-drained soil, in full sun. Water freely in active growth and sparingly in the winter when dormant. Not hardy for Ontario winters and must be dug and stored in a dry, cool area.